Our Meals So Far...

Monday, March 1, 2010

Here's what we think of the meals we've tried so far:

  • Curried Chicken Tidbits - I really liked it, Andrew did not like the strong mustard flavor (he doesn't really like mustard). I agree that it would be good with some veggies next time. We had it over rice.
  • Easy Taco Bake - I liked this one too, but I think there was too much topping and not enough filling and I think the topping would have been better if it were a corn meal base. 
  • Sloppy Joes - This was good but it was a bit too sweet and didn't taste like a traditional sloppy joe. I added a can of flavored diced tomatoes and I would have added a can of tomato paste too if I had had any on hand.
One thing that I've done is put a list of each meal on the door of the fridge and when we take it out of the freezer we cross it off. This way we know what's left to be eaten. 

We still have to plan ahead to for most of the meals because they require thawing before cooking. The nice thing about the planning ahead is we just have to remember to take the meal from the freezer and put it in the fridge the night before and we're good.

0 comments:

Freezer Cooking Experiment Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino