March Grocery List

Saturday, March 6, 2010

I've already started the grocery list for this month here's the link to it: March Grocery List. So, google docs doesn't "do" fractions. I uploaded my original excel/open office document into my google docs and it converted all my carefully placed fractions into decimals. Oh well.

So there are a couple of recipes that have options for the meat mostly because I bought a bunch of the pork butt when it was on sale at Fry's and now have a freezer full. I know you mentioned that it wasn't your favorite and that's why there are choices.

Shepherd's Pie - could use pork butt or ground beef
Sweet and Sour Pork - could use chicken or pork butt

I was thinking that we'd sign up like we did last time. It would probably make sense for you to provide the basics since we'll be doing the cooking at your house. I've already marked a few things on the list but if you want to go through first and then I'll go through and mark what I have and then we'll divide what's left.

For the granola we can skip the coconut and the raisins, I do have some non-raisin dried fruit that we can use instead. I think we have pineapple, papaya and mango.

We have 4 different recipes that call for 28 bell peppers. I have 8 yellow & orange bell peppers that we can use, they're fresh now but most of the peppers require being chopped up so I'll chop them and freeze them. Also I have some (6?) frozen red peppers that we can use as well.

0 comments:

Freezer Cooking Experiment Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino